Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Hello 2012!



Matagal na din akong hindi nakapagpalamig, masubukan nga muli.


Greetings from Mt. Makiling (Sto. Tomas Trail)! We did a MakTrav(Makiling Traverse) last January 15, 2012. We start hiking from Sto. Tomas, Batangas side then descend to UPLB trail. It was my 2nd climb and 1st major mountain climb. Our trek lasted about 12 to 13 hours (including short water break and short lunch) and yes it was fun and tiring. I was thinking of giving up in the middle of our trek but I have no choice but to continue following the trail. The best part of our journey is the free hot shower at the ranger/registration station in the UPLB side of Makiling. It was a good climb and I can't wait for the next climb! For more info about Mt. Makiling visit PinoyMountaineer's Blog.

Lesson I've learned :

Don't give up, you'll eventually reach the top. Take it one step at a time. There are no shortcuts to the top.


No comments:

Post a Comment